RaiseCain-Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-Raise Cain- AssaultCube-Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Want to know how to host a Server?!?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
^Baummann^
Admin
^Baummann^

Anzahl der Beiträge : 169

Want to know how to host a Server?!? Empty
PostSubject: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 pm

well, thats not a big deal...
If u have Windows I can help you

-open "server_wizard.bat" in ur AC-folder
-Server description: we use |RC|Server #X (X= a number, next Server would be #3)
- max client: difficult to say, too much can make the server laggy. firstly try 12. if it works fine u can make more, if works not fine make less players
-no password!!
-admin pw of course (if RC pls contact me cause of the pw)
-all other things u can simply skip by pressing enter

If now it says at the end "registration successfull" u host a server. congrats Wink

If there is something else u failed (could not ping u, fatal error...), the 2 mainly probs is that the firewall is blocking you, or u don't have the ports opened (28763)
Try it again without firewall (or make sure firewall doesn't block this), and open the port u using for ur server (if u skipped server port it is 28763)

If the ports are free and the firewall doesn't block, but u keep have an error or sth like this I can't help you.....

So, gl by hosting Wink
Back to top Go down
http://raise-cain.npage.de
Operator [FLO]

Anzahl der Beiträge : 22

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Send lieber die datei "host a server for dummies" die 80 seiten beinhaltet und wie ne doktorarbeit geschrieben wurde
Back to top Go down
^Baummann^
Admin
^Baummann^

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:48 pm

klar... wird sicher vielen helfen ;D
Back to top Go down
^Baummann^
Admin
^Baummann^

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Server hosting for mac:
it is like for windows (idk but someone said it so ^^)
only the adminpw is a bit weired...

"Damit der Server später administrierbar ist, kann man ihm gleich das Serverpasswort über die Konfigurationsdatei serverpwd.cfg (zu finden unter /usr/games/ac/config/) mitteilen. Die Passwörter werden einfach unter die letzte Zeile der Datei geschrieben. Die Passwörter können zusätzlich noch mit einem Leerzeichen gefolgt von einer 0 (für ein vollwertiges Admin-Passwort) oder einer 1 (für das Verbinden bei vollem Server) versehen werden.

Beispiel:

// list of additional server admin passwords
// WARNING: You can NOT use CubeScript in here!!
// one password per line

// vollwertiges Admin-Passwort
abc123
// …genau das gleiche wie oben:
abc123 0
// mit ‘abc’ kann man sich selbst bei vollem Server verbinden
abc 1"

in english-> go to the config folder -> serverpwd.cfg and just write a pw in a new line below... mybe u must try soemthing with 1 and 0 after the pw... hope this helps u... ,)
Back to top Go down
KappaNL

Anzahl der Beiträge : 89

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm

It did, one more question left: how do you open the server port... i can't seem to find out (like always) how this work, my problem is that he could not ping me... And yes i opened up the firewall...
Back to top Go down
KappaNL

Anzahl der Beiträge : 89

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 pm

kk, up and running, only the admin pass doesn't work when i type: /setadmin 1 password I disconnect, it is saying: failed admin login, disconnecting
Back to top Go down
^Baummann^
Admin
^Baummann^

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 pm

did u wrote it in the serverpwd.cfg?!

try just in a new line the pw
looks at the end like

bla bla bla

gutfried
[end]

and at server
/setadmin 1 gutfried
Back to top Go down
^Baummann^
Admin
^Baummann^

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm

best would be if u write to me in skype or msn, GNA|devil send me how he did it and it worked...
Back to top Go down
^Baummann^
Admin
^Baummann^

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:43 pm

there is also the option to start a GUI Server...
-------------------------
is auch möglich nen GUI Server zu starten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to know how to host a Server?!?   Want to know how to host a Server?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Want to know how to host a Server?!?
Page 1 of 1